- Certified Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist with the Colorado School of Energy Studies, Boulder, Colorado, 2014
- Teacher Assistant in Craniosacral Therapy at the School of Inner Health, Colorado Springs
- Graduate of Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy 2004
- Birth Doula 2007-2015
- Certified Birth Doula with DONA International 2009
- Midwife assistant at Holistic Home Birth 2013
- Certified Childbirth Educator with CAPPA
Emily began her journey as a massage therapist in 2004 with a focus on prenatal massage.
After the birth of her daughter in 2006, which introduced her to the nuances of support during the childbearing year, she began exploring how she could better focus on the care of mothers and families. Emily went on to certify as a Doula with DONA International in 2009 and then as a CAPPA Certified Childbirth Educator and Breastfeeding Counselor in 2012.
Continuing her education with Craniosacral Therapy in Boulder, Colorado, Emily was drawn to CST after seeing the difference it made in her own nervous system and pelvic/low back pain after birth, she continued to dig deeper into this gentle modality finding it effective for breastfeeding difficulties and birth patterns for mothers and newborns.
After certifying she has continued to add skills to assist the emotional processes that can unfold when meeting trauma in the Craniosacral model including studies in Somatic Experiencing, embryology and birth process experiences.
She is honored to offer sessions to all ages addressing physical and emotional trauma, injury and surgery recovery as well as chronic and acute pain through her combination of modalities. Her hope is to continue to offer her skill and knowledge to educate as many as she can about the benefits of CST, self-care and the health of the nervous system from a very early age.